Blogging is a concept that started almost 20 years back. It used to be an approach to comment an existing webpage, an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out one’s opinion on the said page.
What began as a single-sentence editorial has evolved into pages of personal take on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it keeps on advancing, online advertising has taken advantage of the blog’s potential.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
- Blogging is simple. The simplest way to get your piece on the net is through blogging. No skills are necessary… an average adult can read and type, or click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just simply write your ideas, experiences, new products, and hope that the truth behind your articles turns out and entice your reader to also try your product. If you have a PC or a smartphone and an Internet connection (who doesn’t?) then you can blog and promote.
- Blogging is authentic. In this day and age where advertising saturate our lives, we question the credibility of promoters’ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their real-life experiences, unscathed by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is like conversing to people about their first-hand experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
- Blogging is free. Since blogging is yet to be proven as a mainstream online promoting media, most sites see it as something to augment current marketing tools and hence offer it for free. Any opportunity for free webtime is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are starting up. Obviously, paid blog pages can generate more income for your seriously developing business.
- Blogging builds credibility. As you get more and more into composing your experiences on a specific product or industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. Accordingly, you become an expert on it; as a consequence, more readers visit your website and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies and professional organizations notice the growth of your readership base, they may soon connect with you for advertising on your blog page, or make you an affiliate, which pays for every referral produced from your blog website.
- Blogging builds your market. Unless you are a Hollywood star, odds are, only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog website is. Be that as it may, you require not rely upon Mom to build your readership base.
Look into the following approaches to build your market through blogging:
- By using your email. Today, blogging is overcoming the email’s popularity in quickly and successfully coming to and expanding a market. In this age of speed and quick access, logging in and downloading email is essentially bringing longer than clicking into a blog website. Let them explore your site by using a short email message as teaser to your blog website. If your email is on an entirely different subject, use your email signature to give a link to the website.
- By using subscription. A simple way to get your readers email is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blogsite. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their email address. Simply be responsible in using their email address (Never Spam), as the last thing you want is a comment on your blog that you are a spammer.
- By understanding your readers. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared. In this way, it is like interviewing your readers without the commitment and intrusion of a face-to-face interview.
- By joining a blog network –A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the similar industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, and so forth. Consumers find credibility and comfort in clicking one link to several genuine bloggers about a single subject. Obviously, more bloggers are better than one.
- By using RSS. RSS is the quickest growing technology on the Internet today. As such, having RSS feeds to your blog is unquestionably another methods of generating awareness for your readership base. Having a variety of feeds can add enthusiasm to your blog website.
Give your business a boost by successfully using blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
A quick note about the reviews on this site: I am an affiliate for every product I review. The vendors of these products give me them without charge in order for me to test them. However all my reviews are done as honestly as possible and I make no promises to the vendor prior to writing my review. Should you click a link on this site that takes you to a paid product this link will be an affiliate link and I will be paid a percentage of the sales price should you decide to purchase that product.